Your child in Ms. Vila's class
My primary goal is to ensure your child reaches his or her highest potential throughout our school year together. I believe it's a teacher's mission to facilitate growth by creating engaging lessons without forgetting the numerous factors that play into students' lives. This means that we'll not only learn math, we'll tie concepts to world issues, practice perseverance, and laugh.
Parent involvement is crucial to student success. I will send out class updates throughout the year to keep you in the know. In return, please reach out whenever you have a question or concern. My school email is email@example.com but you can also reach me via this website. I look forward to working with you! I also look forward to meeting you at this year's Curriculum Night on Thursday, October 5 from 6:30-8:30pm.
What You Can Do At Home
Here are a few things you could do to help your child succeed this year:
1. Encourage hard work and effort over speed and percentage points.
2. Check SchoolBrains grades every so often.
3. Check homework completion or, even better, work through it together.
4. Avoid saying, "I wasn't good at math."
5. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is ever a question or concern.
Please see the "For Students" page for extra help hours and my list of math help websites. One-on-one Tufts tutors are also available in Medford. Please email me at email@example.com for the Tufts tutor application.